What is Indulgent Creativity

Indulgent creativity is best explained as it contrasts to practical creativity. Practical creativity is for solving problems that have a clear application to your life (in other words, the most practical creative thing I could do in my life right now would be to design some brilliant JavaScript framework methods that make my job easier).

So on the other end of the spectrum is indulgent creativity where I direct my thoughts to something that doesn't have a clear practical use in my life. For example, writing about game design, even though all of my game design projects have been on the shelf and will have to stay there until I can finish some of my other projects.

I figure a blog is as good a place as any to share these thoughts, so here I go. If people read it enough, I might even post regularly!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why We Like End-Game Better (and How to Make the Whole Game As Good).

Why Do We Talk About "Realistic" in Fantasy and Sci-Fi?

Get Money from an Underserved Demographic